Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sunday Scramble

I'm Mary O'Malley. I know it's been a long time since I've blogged, so I figured I'd better introduce myself again. I've decided to start something new. You see, I'm a language buff and I have been since I was a kid.

I loved Sunday mornings. Dad would read the funnies and I'd work out the puzzles. Crossword puzzles, word scrambles, find-the-word. Anything that had to do with letters, I snagged it.

So I thought it would be fun to start my own Sunday Scramble. Every Sunday I'm going to post a quote from one of our books. Some of the words will be missing. I'll give you the letters that spell the words and all you need to do is unscramble them and fill in the blanks. I'll give a scrambled version of each word below, but the words won't be in the same order they appear in the quote.

Sound easy?  I hope it won't be too easy.  I always liked a challenge. But remember, I'm knew at this puzzle creation. I'm more a puzzle solver in the books. So make sure to let me know if it's too easy or too hard.

Oh, the best part is...the first person who solves the puzzle gets an ebook copy of the book the quote is from. Ready?

This week's quote is from The Reunion.

__________ looked into her mama’s eyes, expecting to see only the __________   __________ her mama used to hide her true feelings. Instead, she saw __________ of sand rise up and transform into a  __________   __________ at the moon. The howl __________ with loneliness, pain, and __________ 

Scrambled Words
teslapirc
doolet 
gyabni
nnraeyig
snoareted
klcao
kadr
yoocte




5 comments:

  1. No winner yet. I'll give you a hint. The first word is the name of today's blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd enter, but I already have the book. Besides, I cheated and looked up the line. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you liked the book. Thanks for giving another reader a chance. I'll just have to give another hint. The second blank is "dark".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Third hint: The third blank is "cloak"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fourth hint: particles
    This leaves the following scrambled words:
    gyabni
    nnraeyig
    snoareted
    yoocte

    ReplyDelete