Sunday, June 12, 2011

Daddy's Girl

People have called me a Daddy's girl most of my life. And I'd be the last person to deny it. See, I was a Daddy's girl...still would be if I had my way. Not only did my Daddy raise me, he was awesome. Everyone respected him, even if they didn't like him.

Of course, there were people who didn't like him...people who were jealous of his talent. He could play piano like nobody's business. That's how he got his nickname -- "Blazing Fingers Worth" -- sure he was a bootlegger when the prohibitionists tried to deny our right to party, but the nickname came first and had nothing to do with guns or hooch.

It's not that me and Daddy never squabbled. We did...of course we did. I was as strong-minded then as I am now...maybe more so. But we always loved each other deep inside. We still do...sure I know he still loves me because I can see him like I can still see Mommy. They're between realms and can't pass through. No one sees them except me and I don't see them always. But Daddy usually drops by on my birthday, his birthday, Father's Day, Christmas, and sometimes when I'm under too much stress.

Are you kidding me? It's Father's Day? I haven't seen you today, Daddy.  Does that mean you've moved on beyond the weave? I guess that's ok, if it's a nice place. But you know me, Daddy. I want you here with me forever. There's still a few hours left...maybe you're just running late. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment