Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Glimpse of Agatha

Toledo Cats
I've been reading over "The Reunion" which should be finished soon and I had to chuckle when I read this scene between me, Nymeria, and Agatha.






Here's a sneak preview:
Toledo and Nymeria were startled by a loud splash and then the heavy thump of 600 pounds of flesh landing on the rock. They both watched quietly as the gator shifted slowly to a bipedal reptile, her back straightening painfully to an upright position. Toledo noticed Nymeria shrink back against the trunk of a tree. The creature hissed.
"I'm sorry, Agatha." Nymeria said whined. "I didn't know Sassafras Cats hadn't told her."
The reptile growled and groaned. The spines along her back shrank, the claws on her forearms transformed into hands, her long snout and jaw drew back painfully into a woman's grimace. "Excuse Nymeria," a gravelly voice said at last. "After all these years, you'd think her mouth would stop running." Agatha touched Nymeria with a scaly hand.

Agatha's an earthbound goddess and I guess she can be a little intimidating at times. Coincidentally, our artist has just completed her portrait -- of course she sat for the portait in her human form. What do you think? Intimidating, beautiful, or both?

Agatha


No comments:

Post a Comment