Thursday, October 27, 2011

Death Seeker - Part 4 #coffinhop


The pale hairs on my arms are standing straight up. I should be afraid, but instead I want to draw him closer, feel his snarling teeth against mine, throw my head back and howl. All these things I want to do, and more.

He leans his face toward my head and sniffs. "You smell like death." His breath is hot next to my ear.

"We've been camping. I haven't had a bath in like a week."

He backs away. I feel relief and regret. Damn it. I repulse him.

His eyes dart back and forth. His own hair stands on end. "Why do you smell like death?"

"I don't know what you mean. I told you I haven't showered. Look, does it matter? I mean, I barely know you. I should be going. Thanks for the smoke." I start to walk to the car.

"Stay." A command more than a request.

" Why should I? No one talks to me like that." And yet I want to.

"Because I need to understand your scent so I can find it."

"Find what?"

"Death."

...to be continued later today

Comment to win a free ebook of Mind of a Mad Man. Don't forget to include your email address.

And while you're out trick-or-treating, be sure to visit the other authors on the coffin hop.

And don't miss our twitter book launch party for The Reunion and books by 2 other authors at 5 PM EDT today for more giveways. Use the #bookchat hashtag to party with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment